Friday, September 25, 2009

Reasons why my mom says I can't go on the pilgrimage:

1. I've already had enough fun in my life.
2. This is just running away from my problems.
3. I need to start acting like normal people do and handle hardship the way normal people manage it.
4. She hasn't been there yet.
5. Physically I can't do it.
6. Why can't I just walk around the neighborhood?
7. Why don't I just start going to church again?
8. I can't just spend all of my work money on something like this.
9. To her it sounds like I'm going to be "mourning" the whole time, which isn't healthy.

...awesome. FML

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Aunt Diane Backpacked in Europe when she was in her 20s. Mom just expects that it isn't practical because she got married to young to have the chance to do something like this. Listen to yourself and decide what you need to do in order to get past this. It isn't going to be the same for everyone.

Single and Walking said...

What if she doesn't allow me to come home afterward?

Unknown said...

I doubt that she would be that drastic. How upset was she? If that is the case, you were considering living somewhere else anyways. Anyways, you could stay with me until she forgave you, which she will if you get a job and start grad school again.