Thursday, September 17, 2009

Q/A

Are you doing this for religious reasons?

No. I'm doing this because I have a lot of personal issues that I need to work on at the moment. Think of it as doing yoga every hour of every day for a few weeks straight. With each step, I can tell myself that I'm a wonderful human being who can accomplish anything and who is worthy of good things in life. (Or something else cheesy like that.)


You know you can't just run away from your problems, right?

Totally. That's why I'm planning on coming home afterward. I'm taking a much needed mental holiday to proactively prevent myself from having a huge breakdown from what has happened recently.


Don't you think your expectations are a little high?

Maybe. I'm going into this not knowing what to expect. I'm willing to accept the fact that all I may get out of this experience is better fitness and an extended stroll through a beautiful environment. Honestly, that would be enough for me. At the same time, if I manage to soothe my anxiety, feel better about myself, become more independent, or understand string theory, that's great too.


Why won't you post a picture of tell us your name?

I already feel a little exposed making this a public blog, even though I probably know everyone who reads it. The internet is a creepy place where things can wait around forever to backfire on your ass when you least expect it. Or at least that's what the internet tells me.


Are you insane?

Probably. But I'm learning to be okay with it.



Feel free to comment with any questions you may have. I'll answer them if they're good or just flat out ridiculous.

0 comments: