Monday, September 21, 2009

I'm leaving a week from tomorrow? Um, holy crap.

As of tomorrow, I will have a week until I leave. I feel like my list of things to do ahead of time keeps growing longer. It doesn't help that I have to move back home in that time, too. Whenever I move, I always vow to stop accumulating so much crap (meaning I haven't gotten around to keeping that vow yet). Maybe being forced to carry everything on my back for six weeks will take care of that for me. I can't lie; I'm getting nervous about doing this. I can't help but wonder if it's a completely idiotic idea to do something of this magnitude so spur-of-the-moment.

Today I had to quit my job. Even though I make a whopping ten cents more than minimum wage per hour, it pained me to do so since it took me awhile to even find this job. While I'm doing the self-improvement thing in Spain, I expect all of you to do the self-improvement thing here by fixing the economy. Any spare time left over can be used to start on health care.

Currently I'm trying to figure out how to upload an occasional picture from an internet cafe while I'm on the road. Do any of you non-dinosaurs know if it's even possible? A picture is worth a thousand words; a beat-to-death cliche is worth a thousand punches in the face.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

so in the last few days I have seen now hiring signs in at least 5 stores including forever 21 and target.

Unknown said...

and two of the REI's in denver are hiring!!!